Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Can You Sleep Well?


"I don't pray enough,"  I sometimes think when I don't get an answer to my prayers right away. Well, the truth is that it's not the length of my prayer that counts, but its strength. It's not about praying enough. It's about praying the Word of God, reminding Him of His promises. (2 Corinthians 1:20)
       For many years I've been plagued by insomnia. Now I pray the words of Psalm 4:7-8, " You have given me greater joy
than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe."
       And I never forget to add, "Amen!"

Photo credit:Duncan Hull. Babies Sleep in the Weirdest Positions.2005.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dullhunk/11259594775.2014


No comments:

Post a Comment