Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
In 1 Peter 2:9 the bible tells you that you are, “a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people, that you should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
You are special people, unique. You reflect different aspects of God’s individuality. He made you who you are so you can make known to the world who he is.
Posted by Надя Янакиева at 2:45 PM
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
When you’re experiencing doubt—doubt that God exists, or that He keeps His promises—where in the Bible can you turn for reassurance?
1. Jeremiah 29:11-13: “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.’”
2. Psalm 91: “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust….’”
3. Psalm 27:13-14: “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”
4. Isaiah 54:16-17: “‘See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc; no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,’ declares the LORD.”
5. Proverbs 3:5-7: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.”
The last verses have proved right over and over in my life. When in doubt of what action to take, I ask for his wisdom and follow carefully the prompts he gives me.
Posted by Надя Янакиева at 4:42 AM
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
"If only…,” I often think. If only I had a different background, if only so and so will give me a break, if only I were rich, if only my marriage was better, if only…things would have been different.
My Pastor Gregory Dickow advises us to drop the “if” and face life with faith. The four friends of the paralytic couldn’t find a way in the house because of the crowd. So they went up on the roof. (Mark 2:4)
I want to experience the untraditional ways of faith. Instead of accepting I was an immigrant and my English would never be good enough to publish a book, I did it. Because I know that it is God who “crowns me with victory.” He satisfies my life with good things, so that my youth, vitality and outlook on life is refreshed and renewed. And I love him for that.
Posted by Надя Янакиева at 10:19 AM
Thursday, November 3, 2011
I tend to think, When I overcome my problem I am really going to be happy.
As pastor Dickow says, “The problem is not the problem. It’s how you look at it!”
When the disciples were in the boat and water was flooding it, they forgot that the “Problem Solver” was in the boat with them and focused on the problem.
Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that you and I, when together, cannot handle! (as posted on the wall of the EDI club)
Posted by Надя Янакиева at 9:59 AM
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Stop crying! Start praying instead, I often remind myself. Jesus has already paid the price for my happiness.
As Isaiah 53:4-5 reminds me, “Surely, He has borne my grieves and carried my sorrows and pains. He was wounded for my transgressions; He was bruised for my guilt and iniquities. The chastisement needful to obtain peace and well-being for me was upon Him and with the stripes that wounded Jesus, I am healed and made whole.”
I chose to be grateful, Lord. I chose to praise you for your great love and mercy for me! Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit! (Psalm 51:12)
Posted by Надя Янакиева at 12:20 PM