Monday, July 15, 2013

On Writing


On Writing

English is my second language and I find myself often stuttering speaking or writing. I hate it! It makes me nervous because I want to talk and to write about God's love.
I want my words to leave a footprint in people's hearts and minds. I want the readers to tell me, "I want what you have. Can you teach me how to get rid of Fear and love God like you do."
I often ask God to send me an Aaron. I beg the Holy Spirit to place the exact words in my mouth so I can translate them on paper.
Listening to the well-constructed speech and the vivid description of a friend, I longed to be able to relate my emotions and thoughts just like her. Yet, her words were full of fear.
If the devil can inspire someone to describe his actions so beautifully, I thought, how much more God will give me the ability to write about his miracles. He has promised in Matthew 13:52, “Every student well-trained in God’s kingdom is like the owner of a general store who can put his hands on anything you need, old or new, exactly when you need it.” (The Msg)
If I am not able to find the right words when I speak, my eyes will reflect His love. If I stutter, my actions will speak for themselves. If I feel like crying, I will cry because I share in the pain of someone else. Anyway, His love will shine through me. His Spirit will make my words alive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment