Sunday, February 2, 2014

You Shall Live and Not Die


 
One look at my hibiscus made me stop in my tracks. The bright green leaves had turned yellowish and most of them had withered up. Bare branches stuck out of the main stem in grayish color.
"My hibiscus tree is dying!" I mumbled. It seemed only a few days ago it bloomed in enormous bright pink blossoms challenging the power of the fierce winter storm raging outside. Snuggled against the corner of my warm dining room the plant was full of life and promises. A bible verse from Proverbs 18:21 came to my mind, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue..."
"In the name of Jesus I speak LIFE over this tree. It will live and not die!" I proclaimed boldly and walked away.
A few days later, sweeping the dead leaves, I decided to prune it. Scissors in hand, I looked closely at the branches.
They were covered with tiny green buds.
Photo credit: Sheba, John, Hibiscus Pink Macro-01, 2011, http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebalso/6016802186/in/pool-hibiscuspics, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment