Thursday, January 3, 2013

My "Butterfly Lesson"


Is God talking to you? Is he encouraging you to do something? 
He wanted me to keep writing books. Yet, I was not sure it was God speaking. Then I read Joyce Meyer's and Deborah Bedford's book, The Penny. That novel gave me the courage to keep writing my own stories with a new-acquired knowledge that my past was the stepping stone to reach others. God had the power to use my pain to heal hurting human beings, to give hope to the hopeless, and to set free many who were oppressed by depression, evil spirits and abusive husbands. My experience did matter in reaching many who were still suffering. My efforts to get out of the cocoon of disbelief and atheism were not in vain. I had emerged with airy wings so enormous I could sour on the Spirit’s power. My suffering had given me courage to show God’s love to the oppressed. I had stories to tell; I had the power to encourage others; I had the willingness to serve the One who had saved me and had given me wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment