Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Am Going to Rip This Enemy Apart


As the holidays approach, my resolution to stay away from processed sugar and flour dwindles.
I have read that sugar was not just something that would tick off the dentist, but rather poison me.
Sugar, refined, processed, and the diet stuff too, all leave an acid “ash” residue in the body. My body’s ability to fight against aging and disease, as well as find happiness becomes very low.
My powerlessness over carbohydrates invites a strong enemy named Helplessness to attack me. Fear of the future follows in its steps.
When I pray, verses from the bible come to mind. Judges 15:14-15 says about Samson: "The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men."
The same spirit, the Holy Spirit, lives in me. (Romans 8:11) 
Whatever "lion" is coming against me, I have the power to rip it apart. I walk in the power of God.

Photo credit: British Army Soldier in Afghanistan Engaging the Enemy.UK Ministry of Defence Defence. http://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/10172985145/. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment