Saturday, December 7, 2013

When I am Battered and Scarred


Pain, exhaustion, hopelessness--all these "friends" of an old enemy--cunning, baffling and powerful--attacked me from all sides.
     "Lord, please help me!" I cried out.
      Tears streaming down my cheeks, I clicked on my Facebook mail and the first link that I opened was an answer to my prayers. The song was called In Jesus Name we Press On by Selah.
       Here are the words:
       When the valley is deep, when the mountain is steep, when the body is weary, when we stumble and fall, when the choices are hard, when we are battered and scarred, when we've spent our resources, when we've given our all....
       In Jesus' name we press on.
       Dear Lord, with the prize, clear before our eyes, we find the strength to press on. In Jesus' name we press on.
        
Photo credit: Cindy Cornett Seigle.Sad Clown.    cindy47452.2012http://www.flickr.com/photos/cindy47452/8200519183/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment